ITRCC has many road improvement projects scheduled for 2016. These projects are all designed to improve the quality of driving on the Indiana Toll Road.
Construction season on the Indiana Toll Road typically begins in March or April, and can last until Thanksgiving. ITRCC takes on many construction projects during these months to ensure a smooth, clean, well-maintained road for its drivers. However, ITRCC ensures that lane restrictions are removed for all major holiday weekends, including Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day (with the exception of emergency lane closures).
When you come across one of our construction zones, please remember to slow down and follow all the signs. Due to issues such as lane closures, ITRCC would like to offer a few driving tips to help our patrons safely and efficiently maneuver through construction areas on the Toll Road:
- Stay alert! – Look for reduced speed limits, narrow driving lanes and highway workers.
- Merge early – If drivers merge as soon as they see the signs, traffic will flow more smoothly.
- Slow down – If you’re speeding, you may encounter slowed or stopped traffic within seconds.
- Space out – Maintain a safe distance on all sides of your vehicle.
- Plan ahead – Expect delays and allow extra travel time.
The ITR lane closure report is updated weekly during construction season, and any additions or changes are made as soon as possible. Please click the link below for a listing of current lane restrictions. Current lane restrictions are also updated via the Indiana Toll Road Facebook and Twitter pages.